Ice cream is my guilty pleasure. I have it just about every night after dinner, especially during the summer. I don’t eat any other sweets and I typically eat pretty healthy, so I figure I can splurge a little bit when it comes to dessert. Of course my kids love any kind of sweets and just the mention of the word “ice cream” makes them go crazy with excitement.
What is it about ice cream that makes it so good? Whether it’s the sweet creaminess, the abundance of flavors, or the instant gratification on a hot day everyone seems to love it!
Our new favorite ice cream to buy at the store is Dreyer’s Slow Churned (east of the Rockies you will find it marketed under the Edy’s brand name). Oh.My.Goodness. This stuff is amazing! Our favorite flavor is Cookies ‘n Cream, but there are 20 other delicious flavors to choose from. The smooth, creamy texture and perfect amount of sweetness make it oh so yummy! And with half the fat and 1/3 the calories of regular ice cream, I don’t feel as guilty eating it every night!
I’ve tried Dreyer’s in the past and thought it was pretty good, but the Slow Churned is simply the best store-bought ice cream I’ve ever had. Seriously. If you haven’t tried it, you definitely need to pick some up the next time you are at the store.
This summer, TV personality, actress and model Brooke Burke has partnered with Dreyer’s Slow Churned® Light Ice Cream to give away more than 25,000 free scoops of ice cream…turning scoops into smiles!
Support with a Smile:
- For every “ice cream smile” photo uploaded to Dreyer’s Facebook page, $5 will be donated to Operation Smile, an international children’s medical charity.
- The goal is to give away more than 25,000 scoops of ice cream, capture 25,000 photos of ice cream smiles before summer’s end.
- These efforts will help deliver more than 500 reconstructive surgeries to children around the globe suffering from cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities.
- Of the photos submitted, ten lucky smiles will be featured in a Dreyer’s Slow Churned print ad.
- One lucky picture will win a coveted spot on the cartons of a Slow Churned limited-edition flavor, being re-introduced to store shelves in early 2013.
If you live in the Denver area, Dreyer’s will be at the Denver County Fair from August 10-12. Stop by the Slow Churned Photo Booth to take a picture and get some yummy ice cream!
Can’t make it to the event?
Upload your “ice cream smile” to either the Dreyer’s or Edy’s Facebook page and receive a full-value product coupon, redeemable at all participating retail accounts!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Dreyer’s / Edy’s. I received a coupon to purchase product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.