In this day in age, so much of our lives are on the Internet. We use it to socialize, manage our bank accounts, pay bills, and more. It’s not a surprise that it’s becoming more and more common for people to have their identities stolen because of this. Thankfully, there are companies out there like that can help safeguard your identity.
Introducing LifeLock, today’s leader in the world of identity theft protection and information. LifeLock works hard to provide relentless identity theft protection for its members. It’s more of just a credit monitoring service. LifeLock helps protect your personal information using a combination of data surveillance techniques and outstanding customer service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
LifeLock Offers 5 Points of Protection:
- Monitoring Your Identity
- Scanning for Identity Threats
- Responding to Identity Theft
- Guarantee for Services
- Tracking of Your Credit Score
Have you had your identity stolen? I’m thankful that I never have, nor has anyone close to me. I know it’s completely devastating and can take years to recover. It’s not something you want to happen, or something you expect to happen, but it does. That is why you have to be so careful about the information you provide online and in your daily life.
Did You Know?
• Households earning $100k + per year have the highest identity fraud rate at 7.4%
• The average cost per person of having identities stolen is $1,513
• 11.6 million adults were victims of identity fraud in 2011 and a total of $18 billion was lost
• 6.6% of victims are smartphone owners
• 6.8% of victims are social media users who click on the applications
• 8.2% of victims are social media users who have “checked in” using their smartphone GPS
• 10.1% of victims are LinkedIn users
Do you know how fast a professional hacker can breach your password security?
• If you have 6 characters in your password with no symbol, it only takes a professional .000224 seconds
• If you have 10 characters and one symbol in your password, it takes up to 20 days for a professional to break in.
Try it out — How hack friendly is your password? Does yours pass the test?
Do you feel protected against identity theft? I know it’s so easy to think, “It’s not going to happen to me,” and that’s just not realistic. The reality is it can happen to anyone at anytime and that’s why it’s so important to be proactive about protecting our identity.
If you’ve been thinking about getting identity theft protection, I encourage you to look into LifeLock. They offer several individual plans depending on the type of coverage you are looking for. You can check out LifeLock on Facebook for more information.
I want to hear from you!
What is your experience with identity theft? Has it happened to you or someone you know? Do you think LifeLock is necessary to identity protection?
This post brought to you by LifeLock Facebook. All opinions are 100% mine.