My family loves Italian food. We eat it at least once a week, and if my kids had their way, we would probably have it every night! One of our favorite meals is Cheesy Stuffed Shells with Marinara Sauce. This is one meal that my family never has leftovers of. We all eat our fair share and then some! I mean, who doesn’t love cheese and pasta? And better yet, pasta stuffed with cheese and topped with marinara sauce? Yes, please!
Filled to the brim with creamy ricotta and parmesan cheese and topped with mozzarella, more parmesan and marinara sauce, these stuffed shells are hard not to love. They are deliciously cheesy and oh-so-yummy!
This recipe for Cheesy Stuffed Shells with Marinara Sauce is simple and delicious! It takes less than an hour to prepare and it’s kid-friendly. The best part is it’s easy to make and it freezes well. It’s definitely a recipe you will find yourself making again and again, so make sure you add it to your recipe box!
- 1 pkg large shell pasta
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta shells until slightly under done to the texture you prefer.
- When cooking is complete, drain immediately.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, sour cream, salt, Italian seasoning and ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
- In a baking dish, pour approximately 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the base of the dish.
- Spoon approximately 1-1.5 Tbsp. of cheese filling into each shell and place the shell in the sauce.
- Cover the stuffed shells with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the shells.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the shells.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
Find more easy dinner recipes here!