This Cheesy Bowtie Pasta & Italian Sausage Bake featuring RAGÚ Pasta Sauce is a delicious homestyle meal that the whole family will love. It only requires a handful of ingredients and takes just 30 minutes to prepare!
While my family doesn’t have an ounce of Italian blood, we sure do love Italian food, especially hearty pasta dishes. There’s just something about them that signifies warmth, family and tradition. The only problem is a lot of these types of dishes tend to be time-consuming to prepare.
I don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, so I usually make pasta dishes that are quick and easy like spaghetti with meat sauce, ravioli and shrimp linguine. Lasagna is another favorite but I like to save that for the weekend when I have more time to cook. I’ve been wanting to come up with some new favorite dishes and this Cheesy Bowtie Pasta & Italian Sausage Bake is definitely a meal I will make again and again!
This homestyle Italian dish is hearty, cheesy and deliciously satisfying. Featuring bowtie pasta tossed with RAGÚ Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce, Italian sausage, sautéed onions and parmesan cheese and then topped with mozzarella cheese and baked to cheesy perfection, it definitely hits the spot. My whole family loved it!
I’ve been a fan of RAGU pasta sauces for as long as I can remember, and I have to say, the new RAGÚ Homestyle pasta sauces are their best yet. The thick and hearty texture hugs every noodle, and provides a delicious made-from-scratch taste. Each of the sauces are made from a blend of 100% California-grown, vine-ripened tomatoes, onions and fragrant herbs such as basil, oregano, fennel and ground black pepper. They have so much flavor that you don’t have to add any extra seasonings to make your meals taste amazing!
The best part about this baked pasta dish is it’s so easy to prepare, thanks to the simple ingredients and short cooking time. From start to finish it only takes 30 minutes — perfect for those busy weeknights. One pan makes about 10 servings, so it’s great for large families. We had leftovers and they were so good the next day! It would also make a great potluck dish — you could prepare it ahead of time and freeze it until you are ready to bake it.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz) bowtie pasta (farfalle), uncooked
- 1 lb ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle Sauce (I used Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley, minced (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta in large pot as directed on package, omitting salt. After draining, add back to the pot.
- Meanwhile, combine Italian sausage and onion in a large fry pan and cook over medium heat. Cook until sausage is no longer pink. Drain off excess grease.
- Combine meat, jar of sauce and parmesan cheese with pasta and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13x9 inch pan. Top with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley if desired and serve immediately.
$25 Target or Walmart Gift Card Giveaway
Ragu Homestyle sauces can be found at most grocery stores, but you’ll have the easiest time finding them at Target or Walmart. We want to give you a chance to try them, so we are giving away a $25 Target or Walmart gift card to one lucky winner! Winner will select gift card of his/her choice. Giveaway ends on 6/30 at 11:59 PM EST. Open to U.S. residents only.
How to Enter:
Click here to learn more about the new line of RAGÚ Homestyle sauces and find a taste of home. Then leave a comment on this blog post telling me which sauce you are most excited to try.
1. Pin any image from this post to one of your food boards on Pinterest.
Make sure to leave a comment for each thing you do.
That’s it! Good luck!