There are a lot of things I love about the holiday season, but all the yummy peppermint treats are definitely at the top of my list. I could live off of peppermint bark and white chocolate peppermint mochas. They are so yummy!
I’m also just a little obsessed with these Peppermint Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies I whipped up. They are extra chocolaty and full of peppermint goodness!
If you love chocolate and peppermint, you have to try these cookies. Filled with chunks of chocolate and topped with a peppermint glaze, they are rich and truly decadent.
The flavors of chocolate and peppermint pair perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. The best part is they are so easy to make!
These cookies are semi-homemade, saving you time in the kitchen during the busy holiday season. From start to finish, they take about 30 minutes to make.
Besides a package of Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix (easily found at the grocery store), you probably have most of the items needed to make them on hand.
Simply whip up the cookie mix as directed and add a little peppermint essential oil (or peppermint extract) to the dough.
Once you’ve baked the cookies and they’ve had time to cool, you can add the peppermint glaze. You do not want to skip this part!
The peppermint glaze features a secret ingredient — International Delight’s Peppermint Mocha Creamer!
I bet you didn’t know that these yummy creamers are so versatile. You can use them for so much more than just flavoring your coffee.
They are a great non-dairy substitute for milk or cream in cookies, cakes, cupcakes, frosting, and more. They taste delicious and come in a variety of flavors!
I was planning on giving the cookies I made as holiday gifts, but we may or may not have eaten the whole batch…oops! They were just too irresistible. I guess I will have to make more!
These Peppermint Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are perfect for the holidays. Enjoy them as a family or take them to your next holiday party or cookie exchange!
For the Cookies
- 1 Package Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1/4 C. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 4 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil or 1/4 tsp. Peppermint Extract
For the Glaze
- 3 C. Powdered Sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 2-3 Candy Canes, Crushed
For the Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cookie mix, oil, egg, water and peppermint in mixing bowl and stir well.
- Place tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough 1-2 inches apart on non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are formed. Cool completely before glazing.
For the Glaze
- Combine powdered sugar and peppermint mocha coffee creamer in a mixing bowl and whip until smooth.
- Evenly top each cookie with a spoonful of glaze and sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Let set before storing in an airtight container.
Makes 18-20 large (or 30-32 small) cookies
What are your favorite peppermint treats?
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.