These homemade pizza rolls are delicious and simple to make in your air fryer or deep fryer. Cheesy, with pepperoni in a crispy egg roll wrapper — you can’t go wrong. Perfect for game day, parties, and potlucks, they are sure to be hit among both kids and adults.
With football season underway and the holidays right around the corner, I’ve been making some fun recipes to serve at parties. These pizza rolls do not disappoint! Similar to the little frozen pizza rolls we grew up eating and loving, these have a yummy, homemade taste that is hard to resist.
These homemade pizza rolls work great as an appetizer, snack or kid-friendly meal and they are quick and easy to prepare. Serve them on a tray with a side of marinara sauce or ranch dipping sauce and watch them disappear!
The great thing is you can customize these pizza rolls to your liking. Think of your favorite pizza toppings — pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon, chicken, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and tomatoes — and add them to your roll. Or keep it simple and only add cheese.
I originally made these in the deep fryer, but I tried them in my air fryer the other day and it’s a game changer! No oil means less fat and less mess. And the best part is they taste just as amazing! Try them out and let me know what you think!
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks, cut in half (or you can cut 12 slices off a block of mozzarella cheese)
- 24-26 pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- Preheat deep fryer, air fryer, or oil in pan to approximately 350 degrees .
- Take one egg roll wrapper and lay it down so it’s in a diamond shape.
- Place a small amount of pizza sauce in the center.
- Lay down 4 slices of pepperoni .
- Place cheese stick (half) on top of the pepperoni .
- Fold in the two sides . Taking the bottom point, fold it up like an envelope.
- Wet the top side of the wrapper . Begin to roll from the bottom and continue until you reach the top and the stick is now formed, in the shape of a cigar.
- Place in the hot oil and cook for approximately 3 – 4 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Allow to cool before you serve and eat it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 374mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 8g
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.