I love this time of year because it means I have an excuse to make some yummy treats for my family and friends. I am normally not much of a sweets person, but there’s just something about this time of year that makes me want to indulge a little more than normal.
When it comes to making yummy treats, I want it to be quick and easy. As a mom of three who works from home, I just don’t have time to make anything fancy. Plus, I prefer making treats that the kids can join in and help with. It makes for some quality family time!
Today the kids and I set out to make a fun, new treat for Santa’s reindeer — Reindeer Chow! More commonly known as Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies, this treat is the same only it has holiday M&M’s to give it a little festive flair.
This recipe is quick, easy, and affordable. In just 15 minutes, you’ve got a yummy treat that is perfect for holiday get-togethers. It also makes a great homemade gift for a teacher or friend. Simply put it in a tin or mason jar and tie it with a pretty ribbon. Voilà! A perfect gift!
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex, or Chocolate Chex
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup holiday M&M's (any variety)
- Measure cereal and pour into large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Add powdered suger. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Add M&M's and stir into mixture. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
I was able to buy everything I needed for our Reindeer Chow at Target. For the peanut butter I used Planters Natural Creamy, a Kraft product.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.