Want to take your family on a fun getaway this summer? Look no further than the Gaylord Rockies! From luxury accommodations to family-friendly activities to Rocky Mountain views, the Gaylord Rockies is the ultimate summer destination in Colorado.
After being cooped up at home for several months with no travel plans in sight and many summer activities canceled, we were happy to hear that the Gaylord Rockies was re-opening its doors.
We had heard great things about the resort but hadn’t had a chance to visit, so when our family was invited to spend a few days there, we couldn’t have been more thrilled!
During our time at the resort last month, we enjoyed plenty of fun and relaxation. We swam in the Arapahoe Springs indoor and outdoor pools, drank yummy poolside cocktails, and ate great food. It was a great way to escape and enjoy a family getaway close to home!
Top 5 Reasons to Visit Gaylord Rockies this Summer
When it comes to travel, I’m all about relaxation, luxury, and fun for the kids. The Gaylord Rockies has it all!
Located in Aurora, Colorado, the Gaylord Rockies is a luxury resort situated on 85 acres just 10 minutes from Denver International Airport. Whether you are local to the area or visiting from out of state, the Gaylord Rockies is the perfect summertime escape.
1. Luxury Accommodations
From the moment you walk into the Gaylord Rockies, you are greeted with beautiful, rustic charm and mountain views. The resort is luxurious, clean, easy to navigate, and perfect for families.
There are plenty of room options to choose from to meet your family’s needs. Our family of five stayed in a Deluxe Family King Room, which included a king bed and twin bunk beds.
Our room was spacious and included plush bedding, spa-quality toiletries, mini-fridge, coffee maker, tub with shower, and 24-hour room service.
2. Fun Indoor and Outdoor Pools
My family’s absolute favorite thing to do at the Gaylord was spend time at the Arapahoe Springs indoor and outdoor pools.
The pool and grounds are clean, beautiful, and well-maintained. There are plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas to go around.
My kids had a blast going on the slides and relaxing in the lazy river. The whirlpool was also awesome when we needed to warm up after a thunderstorm!
You can also rent a poolside cabana for a full or half-day for an added fee. We had one for a full day and it was amazing!
Your cabana rental includes a bucket of drinks (water, hard seltzer, beer, and soda) and a fruit tray.
You have your own private seating, including a couch and beach chairs, as well as a mini-fridge and TV. There are also curtains you can put down to make it more private.
The best part is you don’t have to leave when the pool closes for cleaning and sanitation in the afternoon!
Please note: For the time-being, registered guests will have up to four (4) hours at the pool per night of their stay. Pool time varies based on availability. As an example, on a weekend the maximum pool time could be 4 hours. However, during the week additional time may be available.
3. Fun Family Activities
Besides swimming and relaxing at the pool, there are plenty of additional family activities to keep you busy. These are great options for evenings or when you need a break from the sun:
- Colorado Explorer Scavenger Hunt – Become a real-life explorer as you navigate the resort for clues and learn about Colorado’s unique plants, animals, history and landmarks. Visit the Front Desk for Scavenger Hunt Book.
- VR Scavenger Hunt– Search for endangered animals on the atrium floor and scan them with the Wildlife Rescue app on your phone to see fun facts and realistic-looking 3D animals pop up.
- Outdoor Activities – Get a little exercise while enjoying our outdoor activities including tennis, mini-golf, basketball, biking, and disc golf.
- Arts & Craft Corner – Let your inner artist come to life while creating your own arts and crafts.
- Wild Animal Encounters – Presented by HawkQuest, get up close to live, non-releasable raptors and learn about environmental concepts and issues facing these amazing creatures.
- Lawn Games – Enjoy a variety of games like Giant Jenga, Cornhole, and more!
- Lawn Movies – Spend the evening on the lawn while watching family-friendly movies outside on our very own big screen.
4. Delicious Food & Drink
There are a variety of food and drink options to choose from at Gaylord Rockies. Each restaurant offers a Kid’s Menu with plenty of healthy and delicious options for kids.
Normally, there are 8 dining options to choose from, but right now a handful of them are temporarily closed. Here is a current list of options:
- Mountain Pass Sports Bar – American food and huge TVs.
- Arapahoe Springs Bar & Grill – Outdoor bar and grill located next to the pool. Choose from American food, cocktails, frozen drinks and more. We loved having food and drinks delivered poolside!
- Rockies Marketplace – Stop here for snacks, drinks, and Starbucks coffee
- Pinyons – casual lobby bar
You can see an up-to-date list of open restaurants here.
5. Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
In accordance with Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” practices, Gaylord Rockies is providing enhanced cleaning technologies, hospital-grade disinfectants, attendants dedicated to sanitizing frequently throughout the day, and hundreds of new cleaning processes to take care of guests while they enjoy the resort’s amenities.
Plan a Visit to Gaylord Rockies
Looking for a last-minute summer vacation before school starts? Check out the Gaylord Rockies website to learn more and plan a visit this summer!
Want to see more photos and videos from our stay? Check out my Gaylord Rockies Instagram stories highlight.
The Gaylord Rockies hosted our stay in exchange for coverage. As always, all opinions are my own.