These homemade pizza rolls are delicious and simple to make. Cheesy, with pepperoni in a crispy egg roll wrapper — you can’t go wrong. Perfect for game day, parties, and potlucks, they are sure to be hit among both kids and adults.
With football season underway and the holidays right around the corner, I’ve been making some fun recipes to serve at parties. These pizza rolls do not disappoint! Similar to the little frozen pizza rolls we grew up eating and loving, these have a yummy, homemade taste that is hard to resist.
These homemade pizza rolls work great as an appetizer, snack or kid-friendly meal and they are quick and easy to prepare. Serve them on a tray with a side of marinara sauce or ranch dipping sauce and watch them disappear!
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks, cut in half
- 24-26 pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- Preheat deep fryer or oil in pan to approximately 350 degrees .
- Take one egg roll wrapper and lay it down so it’s in a diamond shape.
- Place a small amount of pizza sauce in the center.
- Lay down 4 slices of pepperoni .
- Place cheese stick (half) on top of the pepperoni .
- Fold in the two sides . Taking the bottom point, fold it up like an envelope.
- Wet the top side of the wrapper . Begin to roll from the bottom and continue till you reach the top and the stick is now formed, in the shape of a cigar.
- Place in the hot oil and cook for approximately 3 – 4 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Allow to cool before you serve and eat it.
The great thing is you can customize these pizza rolls to your liking. Think of your favorite pizza toppings — pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon, chicken, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and tomatoes — and add them to your roll. Or keep it simple and only add cheese.
Try them out and let me know what you think!
Click here for more delicious recipes.